Head of Product: Product Development, Sourcing, Production & Garment Technology
SPOKE is growing fast, and we’re adding to our product team. We are looking for someone to lead the Product Development, Production, Sourcing and Garment technology team, to shepherd the SPOKE product in this new stage of growth. The right hire will have a deep passion for product, be efficient and a creative thinker, with deep experience in making menswear.
This is a new role for us at SPOKE, born out of our fast growth: our need to add rich experience to the team and evolve our supply chain. Your role will be to ensure that the SPOKE product continues to be made to the highest standard of fit and quality, while helping us evolve our supply chain and mature our processes. We’re a young brand, and we are passionate about keeping our fit and quality promises to our customers. But our increasing size also requires us to continue to evolve, and this role will be to lead that evolution for the product team.
You will organize and manage the product team: setting the critical path, ensuring deadlines are met, and helping the team stay on track , motivated always by the continued iteration and perfection of our products. You will forge new supply chain relationships for SPOKE, who can delivery on our fast growth consistent with our quality standards, and will also offer new strategic benefits in terms of timing, price and location.
You will report into the COO to start with, but will be great at thinking strategically and taking initiative and will need to be able to work autonomously and independently.
You’ll have a strong desire to see our business grow, and will work closely and collaboratively across departments with Buying & Merchandising, Marketing and Operations.
Supervising accountability for:
- Managing the product teams, helping them prioritize, setting strategy, and blocking obstacles
- Overseeing the SPOKE garment fit
- Ensuring goods are delivered on time, to the correct quality standard and in keeping with SPOKE objectives to operate efficiently and nimbly
- Ensuring product design and materials meet the brief and approvals of management and brand teams
- Sourcing and managing the supply chain
- Rich previous history in production, sourcing or garment technology, and very close experience to design and product development.
- Experience manufacturing outside of Europe for medium sized, high end brands, preferably in menswear
- Highly computer literate, particularly in Word and Excel.
- A structured thinker with the ability to communicate clearly and pay attention to detail
- Motivated by working in a fast growth environment
- Passionate about product design and FIT
As an early stage, high growth startup, we can offer you:
- A real opportunity to develop and grow with a fast moving company with real input into its success and the ability to influence the path forward
- A competitive base salary
- A fun, positive, energised startup culture
- A steady supply of awesome menswear for you (or your significant other)
- A busy, dog-friendly office with lots of laughs and good music
- A nice shiny Macbook