SPOKE is the next big thing in British menswear. We’re building the UK’s first digitally-native menswear brand.
Most men don’t want to trawl a 300-piece collection for disposable fashion that changes every 12 weeks. They want a few simple things, done properly.
By selling direct to our customers, we can offer a focused edit of properly made clothes – and above all, we can deliver a flawless fit. We offer 10 times the size range of the average brand, finished to order. We’re carving out a sweet spot - somewhere between bespoke tailoring, and ready to wear.
Spoke launched in February 2014 – and we’re onto something. We’ve acquired more than 75,000 customers and more than doubled in size every year.
We are now looking for curious and driven candidates who could help us understand our data better. By helping us conduct statistical analysis and build dashboards we can ensure that data supports other teams' decision making across the business.
We’re a startup, so the brief is always changing - but here’s an outline of what the role will involve:
- Support team members with data analysis / visualisation tasks
- Running regular reports that provide insight into ongoing company / departmental performance
- Creating ad-hoc reports to evaluate the efficacy of specific initiatives / experiments
- Creating dashboards in Looker for business analysis
- Building statistical models to help us make predictions about future performance
To succeed in this role, we would expect you to have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong mathematical reasoning ability
- Ability to push forward initiatives to create value for the business
- 1-2 years of experience in data analysis (customer insights, business analysis)
- Experience with BI platforms like Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree with mathematical component
- Alternative qualifications in Data Analysis (Udacity, Coursera, BCS Diploma, etc.)
- Experience in Data Mining or Machine Learning
- Familiarity with probability theory and linear algebra
- Experience with R and Python
As an early-stage, high growth start-up, we can offer you:
- A competitive base salary
- A real opportunity to develop and grow with a fast-moving company with real input into its success and the ability to influence the path forward
- A fun, positive, energised start-up culture
- A steady supply of awesome menswear for you (or your significant other)
- A busy office with lots of laughs and (mostly) good music
- A nice shiny MacBook
- Training budget
- Flexible working (remote working couple days a week)